Key macro space implements the command tool.
Key macro shift-space implements the command tool box.
where name may be one of box, wiring, netlist, or rsim.
The tool command selects or queries the mode of operation of the mouse buttons in the layout window. Each tool type has a unique set of button bindings.
Without arguments, the tool command selects the next tool type in round-robin fashion. With a tool type as argument, the button bindings switch to those for the indicated tool. With the info option, a summary of the mouse buttons is given for the current tool.
The mouse bindings for each of the three tools is as follows:
- Box Tool
In addition, you can move or resize the box by different corners by pressing left or right, holding it down, moving the cursor near a different corner and clicking the other (left or right) button down then up without releasing the initial button.
- Move the box so its lower-left corner is at cursor position
- Resize box by moving upper-right corner to cursor position
- Paint box area with material underneath cursor
- Wiring Tool
- Pick a wiring layer and width (same as "wire type")
- Add a leg to the wire (same as "wire leg")
- Place a contact to switch layers (same as "wire switch")
- Netlist Tool
- Select the net containing the terminal nearest the cursor
- Toggle the terminal nearest the cursor into/out of current net
- Join current net and net containing terminal nearest the cursor
- Rsim Tool
tool is implemented as a built-in command in the non-Tcl version of magic.
tool (Tcl version)
|Return to command index|
Last updated: December 4, 2005 at 5:11pm