Term Project of ELE437,
You may pick up one project from the following possible topics developed on the Gumstix Bluetooth system:
- Implement a wireless chatting application
- Implement any socket program app on two Gumstix boards
- Implement a multimedia network application program on top of Gumstix using Bluetooth
- Implement a clustered applications on a network Gumstix
- Implement a security application on Bluetooth
- Implement a autmatic home appliance system using Bluetooth
- Implement a wireless comm system for automobile
- Implement a wireless controlled toy
Requirements for homework and project reports can be found here.
Details of one example project:
Title: Wireless Chat Program
- Proposal due: Oct. 16th
- Proposal Presentation (homework1): Oct. 18th (5 minutes each person)
- Implementation done: Nov. 20th
- Presentation and Demo: Nov. 29th and Dec. 4th
Implement a simple chat program on two Gumstix boards using Bluetooth wireless communication
Two bluetooth boards should be able to set a communication channel using wireless protocol. Any one
board can initiate a chat connection. The chat interface should be user friendly and and easy to use.
Additional features such as security, file transfer, alarm, audio, online/offline indication, and
multiuser conferencing etc.
You may form a project team of 2 or 3 persons working on different parts of the project.
Computer Facilities in Department or
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Please send your comments to
Dr. Qing Yang