Addenda - 5/9/97
MCE Web and Advanced Web Development Seminar
- high-level approaches to Web page development.
- With respect to "Setting Up Your Site":
- Once you have created your web pages, you must set their file
protections so that the world can read them. This means that all
of the parent directories of your web pages must also be world-readable.
Be sure to change the protection of other files and directories in
your home directory to restrict access, as desired.
- For all of the web files within a directory, the command is: "chmod 644 *"
- For all parent directories of your web files, the command
is: "chmod 755 ." when
executed from just within the directory whose
protection you want to change.
Include the period.