In the early 1980's, Dr. Fischer has been funded to do research in the field
of analog integrated circuits. This work bas been reflected in articles
such as "On the Frequency Limitations of Switched-Capacitor Filters", IEEE
JSSC, Aug. 1984, or "Switched-Capacitor Filters for High-Frequencies with
Compensation for Finite Amplifier Gain", IEEE Trans. CAS, Aug. 1985.
His current research interests include CMOS amplifiers and comparators, analog
and digital filters, data converters, phase-locked loops and low power CMOS
Dr. Fischer's research activities have been funded by agencies such
as the National Science Foundation (NSF), the Office of Naval Research (ONR)
and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
Some of his
more recent articles are "Tracking Fishes with a microwatt Acoustic
Receiver - An archival Tag Development", IEEE Journ. of Oceanic Eng., 2006, or
"A custom Chip Set for a Frequency agile high-Resolution Sonar Array", IEEE
Journ. of Oceanic Eng., 2007.
Recent Conference Papers:
- A. J. Davis, G. Fischer, H-H. Albrecht, and J. Hess: Digital Correction of
Circuit Imperfections in cascaded Delta-Sigma Modulators composed of first-order Sections.
IEEE Proc. of ISCAS'00, pp. V 689-692, Geneva, May 28 - 31, 2000.
- G. Fischer, and A. J. Davis: VLSI Implementation of a Wide-Band Sonar
Receiver. IEEE Proc. of ISCAS'00, pp. V 673-676, Geneva, May 28 - 31, 2000
- G. Fischer, and C. T. Weibel: Delay-Sum Beamforming using Delta-Sigma
modulated Inputs. IEEE MWSCAS'00, Lansing, MI, August 8 - 11, 2000.
- G. Fischer, and D. Hyun: Quantization Noise and Limit Cycle Patterns in
Single-Bit Delta-Sigma Modulators. IEEE Proc. of IMTC'01, Budapest, Hungary, May 21 - 23,
- G. Fischer, and D. Hyun: Delta-Sigma Modulator Topologies with high Immunity
to Pattern Noise. IEEE Proc. of ISCAS'02, pp. III 703-706, Scottsdale, AZ, May 26 - 29,
- A. J. Davis, and G. Fischer: Improved Null Cancellation in a sixth order
Delta-Sigma Modulator realized with 2 third-order Sections. ADDA&EWADC'02, Prag,
Czech Republic, June 2002.
- S. Lee, G. Fischer, and M. Obara: an Acoustic Tag for long Range Fish
Tracking in the Ocean. US-Korea Conf. on Science, Technology and
Entrepreneurship, Seoul, Korea, July 2002.
- M. Obara, G. Fischer, and S. Lee: A monolithic Time of Arrival Detector for
acoustic Signals, IEEE MWSCAS'02, Tulsa, OK, August 4 - 7, 2002.
- G. Fischer, S. Lee, and M. Obara: A Programmable monolithic Temperature
Logging Device, IEEE MWSCAS'02, Tulsa, OK, August 4 - 7, 2002.
- W. Yung, T. Xia, G. Fischer, and A.J. Davis: Process Dependency of MOSFET
depletion Mode MOS Capacitors in Series Compensation, IEEE MWSCAS'02,
Tulsa, OK, August 4 - 7, 2002.
- A.J. Davis, G. Fischer, C. Chuen-Song, and W. Yung: MOSFET only third-order
Delta-Sigma Modulators, 8th Workshop on ADC Modeling & Testing, pp. 40-48, Perugia,
Italy, Sept. 8-10, 2003.
- H. Narayanan, and G. Fischer: Ultra low power Phase-Locked-Loops, IEEE MSWCAS'05
Cincinatti, OH, Aug. 7-10, 2005.
- P. Kasturi, and G. Fischer: Development of a Design Platform for CMOS Ampliers.
PRIME'06, Lecce, Italy, June 11-16, 2006.
- G. Fischer and F. Luo: Low Jitter Audio Range PLL with ultra-low Power Dissipation, GLSVLSI'11 Lausanne, Switzerland, May 2-4, 2011.
- G. Fischer and H. T. Rossby: A Silicon Core for an Acoustic Archival Tag, IEEE SOCC’11, pp. 63-68, Taipe, Taiwan, Sept. 26-29, 2011.
- G. Fischer and F. Luo: Jitter in ultra-low Power audio-Range PLLs. IEEE MWSCAS’12, Boise, Idaho, August 8-12, 2012.
Recent Journal Articles:
- A.J. Davis, G. Fischer, H-H. Albrecht, and J. Hess: Digital Corrections of
Circuit Imperfections in a two-stage 6th order Delta-Sigma Modulator. Elsevier:
Measurement, Vol. 28/2, pp. 93-104, June 2000.
- A.J. Davis, G. Fischer: Device Technology Limitations in monolithic
switched-Capacitor Delta-Sigma modulators. Elsevier: Measurement, 2001.
- D. Hyun, and G. Fischer: Limit Cycle and Pattern Noise in Single-Stage
Single-Bit Delta-Sigma Modulators. IEEE Trans. on Circuits & Systems I, Vol. 49,
No. 5, pp. 646-656, May 2002.
- G. Fischer, S. Lee, M. Obara, P. Kasturi, T. Rossby, and C.W. Recksiek: Tracking
Fishes with a microwatt acoustic Receiver - An archival Tag Development. IEEE Journal of
Oceanic Engineering, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 975-985, October 2006.
- G. Fischer, A.J. Davis and P. Kasturi: A Custom Chip Set for a Frequency-Agile
high-Resolution sonar Array. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 416-427,
Books, Book Chapters:
- G. Fischer, and A.J. Davis: Delta-Sigma Modulators. Encyclopedia of
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, John G. Webster, Editor, Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Vol. 19, pp. 244-254, 1999.
- G. Fischer: Multirate Systems - Design and Applications, Chapter 5, A/D
Converter Applications. Gordana Jovanovic-Dolecek, Editor, Idea Group Publishing, Hershey,